Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

Sof "The Lip" Quick

So, here's how today went.....

Monday morning, and I have to drop Sofia off at school and then drive on over to Grandma and Grandpa's to leave Barclay the dog for a day of R & R at the Quick ranch. The whole trip takes about an hour and then I head on off to work. Well, no sooner had I sat down at my desk and fired up my computer when a call comes in from Sofia's school.....she has tripped in the playground, whacked her mouth on the merry-go-round and the blood is streaming out of her mouth and won't stop. They ask me what I want to do? So, I tell them I will be right over. Now, (and yes Aunty Claire, you can start laughing at me now) I shut down my computer and head on over to get the girl. Obviously, Miss Wendy had not read the part of the enrollment questionaire that would have told her that Sofia's Mum faints at the slightest thought of blood, let alone seeing the stuff, so I am not sure what exactly she was expecting me to do once I got there. And, as I am driving, I am wondering how exactly you transport a child, who has to be strapped into a carseat, with blood gushing from their mouth to the emergency room. I am concerntrating so much on this problem when I realize that I have made a wrong turn and am headed back in the direction I came. Yeah, I am not exactly firing on all cylindars at this point. Anyway, when I finally arrive, I meet Miss Wendy coming out of the front door with a plastic bag and all I can think is that this bag contains Sofia's blood soaked clothing (not the case...it contained dirty diapers), but you can see just how far over to the dark side I had gone.

So here are the pictures of the fat lip.



Maybe if we could get the shoes on the correct foot she might have a better chance of staying upright.



By the time I reached Sof's school with all the wrong turns the bleeding had stopped. Sofia was sitting in circle time with all her friends learning the alphabet. Miss Wendy told me that when Sofia first fell, she picked her up and tried to check her mouth out and the girl was so irritated that she wasn't being allowed to go back out on the playground, that she cried more and that just made the whole thing worse.

Bottom line is that all teeth are intact. Her gum has a wonderful bruise in between two of her front teeth and it looks like she bit through her top and bottom lip.

Daddy left his teaching and came up to Roseville and we all went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house (thanks G&G), put Sofia down for a long nap there and then headed home. She seemed to be fine this afternoon, if a little bit fragile, but fat lip or not, the child still ate everything in sight.

2 comments:

Clyde and Terri said...

Oh, Sofia, Grandpa and Grandpa are so sorry you got hurt. You were a good and brave girl. Kisses from us.

Meredith, you were brave too!

Clyde and Terri said...

opps, that should have been "Grandma" too.