Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Growing Up


My little girl is growing up. I know I keep saying this but this weekend was full of big steps for Sofia and this photo is somehow further evidence of that. She is just getting so big.

Firstly, we converted Sofia's crib to a big girl bed and knock on wood, so far, so good! She loves that she can climb up into bed all by herself and hasn't as of yet fallen out of bed. The fact that she can't open the door all by herself yet helps as well. We shall see, I guess.

Sofia also went on the big girl potty this weekend. Not once, but four times. It was too funny. She sits there and looks down between her legs and says "Hello pee" (she is pretty big on greeting things, pee included apparently). Then when she flushes she provides the appropriate "Bye pee". We haven't really started formal potty training but I can see that it is in the not too distant future.

Sofia is also full of new words and phrases most of which I have no idea where they came from, but they are so damn cute. Here are a few of my favourites......

When I came home tonight I noticed that Clyde had cleaned my boat. I said to Sofia "Did Daddy wash my boat?" to which she relied "Yes, all fresh and clean".

Whenever she leaves the room she says "Right back, okay?" along with a little finger she holds up just to emphasis her point.

When I tell Sofia that we are going to do something she says "We'll do that. It's a plan".

1 comment:

Clyde and Terri said...

I could tell you where "all fresh and clean" comes from, but I get teased enough as it is. Geema