Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The 4th

Have I told you that we live in the most amazing neighbourhood?
One of the best decisions we ever made was moving here.
Our block has a 4th of July bash in the street every year, and in fact, it was at one of these events, 5 years ago when I first decided that I was ready to adopt.

One friend was pregnant, another in the throws of it and by god, I was not going to be left out any longer.
Clyde had a gig.....a 4th of July gig.
I finished out the party on my own.
He came home and I announced that we were going to adopt.
We started researching agencies the very next day.

So, aside from the usual reasons to celebrate on the 4th, which I love,
I will always have a special place in my heart for this celebration.
It is especially fun to see Sofia celebrate it with the boys
who helped push me into, without question,
the BEST decision of my life.

There were water balloons (which Sofia loved to throw, although at no one in particular).  I don't think she popped more than about five.  Hers just bounced down the street and she was all good with that.

Lots of friends and Geema and Papa.

Pinatas, candy, popsicles

and

SPARKLERS!!!

The only thing I didn't get a photo of was my beautiful girl in her rw&b bikini.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Greetings! I'm the adoptive mom to a daughter, 8, and son, 5. So happy to have found your blog. Funny because we also spent July 4th in Coronado, CA and I, too, picked out my favorite house. Beautiful family!