Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Say "Queso"

Sofia has turned three and as such, things have started spewing from her beautiful little mouth that are just cracking me up.  So, I have to start writing them down or I will forget.  I don't expect that this will really be funny to anyone else.  I think you probably would have had to be sitting on the other end of the couch to fully get it, but hope that in ten years time this will remind me of how hysterical this little scenario was in the moment.

So, Sofia's Aunt and Uncle in Alaska, every once in a while, send Sofia a package through the mail.  One such package arrived in November and contained a set of DVD's called ""Kids Love Spanish".  She loves them!  She watches them over and over and over.  I am not sure that she really knows what she is doing because one time when we are watching the animal DVD they say "Tigre".  I am practicing with her and say "Tigre".  Sof says....."NO! TIGER".

Anyway, the funniest by far was the food DVD.  They go through all of the Spanish for all of the different foods.  They repeat the words probably 20 or 30 times, each time by a different person.  Most of them are little kids and so pronounciation can be a little dodgy.  I mean, some of these are tiny little kids.  So, I am sitting on one end of the couch....Sof on the other, and this is how it goes.......

KLS:  Queso
Sofia: Queso
KLS: Queso
Sofia: NO! Queso
KLS: Queso
Sofia: NO! Queso
KLS: Queso
Sofia:  Yeah, yeah that's it.
KLS: Queso
Sofia: NO! Queso

This went on and on and on.  Yes probably 30 times with Sofia correcting the pronounciation of each and every little kid.  I guess Sofia is head of the self proclaimed Cheese Pronounciation Police.

1 comment:

Clyde and Terri said...

I can feature this whole scenario and it makes me laugh.