Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

Murder House

Sofia had her first visit to the Murder House this week. She was awesome. Obviously doesn't get her complete and utter non-fear of doctors and dentists from me :-)

She walked in and told the dentist that she had "bugs on her teeth".  I can only assume she got this notion from "Cars".  You know the scene when Lightening McQueen is driving and he smiles and has bugs all through his teeth. 

All news was pretty good. Most importantly, no cavaties.
One small chip in one of her front teeth.  No surprise considering the couple of good faceplants she has done which involved significant amounts of blood gushing from her mouth.  
 Twenty teeth in all. One, or should I say two, fused together.
Parents were advised to start saving for braces.  Apparently the overcrowding in Sofia's mouth now is not a good sign of things to come.

But none of that bothered Sof.  She was happy walking out the door with a new toothbrush and floss, some SpongeBob toothpaste and a two minute timer.

And as she walked out the door she looks at me and says.....

"No more bugs!"
  

3 comments:

Clyde and Terri said...

Shots, haircuts and now the dentist without a tear shed. What would it take to cause you a melt-down? You are so brave, Sofia.

Lilysmom said...

Good job Sof. They can be in braces together. We had a dr. appointment where he said umm I hope your saving your money. I just smiled and said yeah I know :)

Claire Wilson said...

Hey Sof! I had braces. I think they have come a long way, but I loved taking my rubber bands out at the table when we were eating dinner. By the time your turn comes around you might be able to get glow in the dark ones. Cool!! You are certainly one brave little girl. I think you are just here to show the world how it is done!!