Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oxalis tuberosa.....


I moved to the United States over twenty years ago.
At first, it was not forever.
It was a temporary excursion, for study.
Well, you know how the story goes, 
girl meets boy........
Maybe it still won't be forever.
Only time will tell, I guess.

Now don't get me all wrong.....I love living here.
But, there are just some things that are a part of me.
Things that just aren't here.
Things that I can only find at home.

Or so I thought......

Meet Oxclis tuberosa
also known as the New Zealand Yam.

I found them......
I planted them......



and I am hoping like crazy that in four months,
I will be enjoying them.


And just so you know,
I won't share.
I have 20 years of yam eating to do.

Well, I will share with the boy,
since he scouted them out
for his kiwi girl.

2 comments:

Clyde and Terri said...

Wow, cool!

Robin Campbell said...

Hey - they will be cool when they grow and mature. Don't let US Customs find them though as they probably have a taste for them after taking the last lot off me at SFO.