Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Four years ago

Four years ago
this beautiful little face 
popped onto my computer screen at work.
It took the breath right out of me
and I couldn't stop staring at her,
trying to figure out who she was,
what she was like.

It seemed to me she was looking right back at me
trying to figure the very same thing out for herself.


Four years on and
I count my blessings every day
that I get to hang out with this girl
and stare at her beautiful face
and watch her become the wonderful person that she is becoming.





To steal from a fellow adoptive mother....
 It is Sofia's first mother who created this beautiful face
I am just the one lucky enough to help make it smile.

2 comments:

Clyde and Terri said...

This sweetheart's Papa and Geema speak often of how lucky we are and how determined we are not to miss a single moment of the precious time we have together.

Chris and Andrea said...

LOVE YOU GUYS!!! xoxooxox