Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Face

Sofia started going to a new school a couple of months ago.
For the first month things were great.  She was happy and hardly even glanced at me as I drove off.
Then I think it settled in.
This is for real.

Well.......things have changed.  And the last month has been a challenge for the both of us.

I have had my fair shares of

tears
and cuddles
and "Mummy I don't want you to go to work"'s
and "Mummy, I'm going to miis you when you are gone"'s.

Each one breaks my heart just a little bit more.

I know she is fine.
I know she is safe.
I know, that once I am gone,
 she runs and plays and sings and learns and makes new friends.

But this morning,
this morning
my beautiful daughter was so brave.


There were no tears before we left the house.
There were no tears in the car.
And when we got to school she held it together for a little while.
And then when I gave her her hug goodbye,
she told me that she was going to put on her happy face.

And as I walked away from her
she stood there with tears streaming down her cheeks
and a big grin plastered on her sweet face.

No one told me being a Mum was going to be this hard.

2 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Oh that is soo sweet. Wow, what a brave little girl. I feel for ya...have had many of those tearful drop offs myself and they are NO way to start off a dreaded work day. Glad it is getting better.

Clyde and Terri said...

There's nothing greater than shared love. You two are so lucky to have each other.