Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Painting

So I have been thinking this week

A LOT

 about this article what-should-a-4-year-old-know that Clyde  posted on his FaceBook page.

I am guilty.
100% (okay maybe only 75%).

So when Sofia told me she wanted to paint at "Art Beast" after her nap today,
I decided that I should take this matter into my own hands.

Sofia has owned this easel for almost two years.  It came from Santa and the paints that were included have remained unopened and out of reach.......until today.

We moved it outside and let her have at it.

Things started out fine.  All of the right paintbrushes in the right cups.


And we're looking pretty happy.


Okay so now we've got two brushes going at once.


Yip, all is lost now.  The hands are involved.
 Although I will admit that when Sofia offered to paint my hands, I politely declined.


 This little girl is precious to us.
We want EVERYTHING for her.
But, maybe I have done her a disservice....
by buying her the mud kitchen but not letting her know about the dirt component.
And getting her the easel and hiding the paint.

 
I think this smile confirms my suspicions.
 


1 comment:

Lilysmom said...

Yes yes that article also made me think. I find myself constantly comparing. Perhaps not out of competition but because I so hope that school is not hard. I loved this article and am also guilty of hiding all those messy products. Thanks for the inspiration!!