Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Veggies

So, this year I decided that we should grow some veggies. Clyde, ever the good sport, built me some beautiful raised beds and I proceeded to plant all manner of veg. I bought a book and planned to read each chapter thoroughly to find out exactly when, where and how each plant should be planted and cared for but hey, who am I kidding..... I don't have that kind of time. So everything was chucked in the dirt, and it will be one big gardening experiment.

I am happy to report though, that we already have little tomatoes on several plants, and Sofia sampled her first strawberry from the garden this evening and gave it a thumbs up. Of course, the chard (which I thought was red leaf lettuce when I bought it because I neglected to wear my glasses to the nursery) is growing like gang-busters. I'm sure someone will want to eat it.

Sofia is especially excited for the "copcorn". Every time we water it she asks "can I eat it".

And when asked what else she wanted to plant in her garden, she replied "Bacon".  Now there's a girl after my own heart.  I wonder how we do that?

2 comments:

Clyde and Terri said...

We love chard, be glad to help you out there. Congratulations on your first strawberry. That's a real accomplishment.

Robin Campbell said...

Chard?? -Isn't that how they make Chardonnay? Keep every bit!! R