Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 26, 2008

FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Today, Sofia and I joined Clyde and his ninth grade and jazz bands at their annual "Music in the Parks" Festival. The kids and Clyde left at 7:30 this morning on a bus and performed at the festival. Then, they were let loose at Great America for the day. Sofia and I joined them at the park for our first real whole day outing like this.

Last year at this time, we went on the same trip. We had not yet met Sofia but we did have her referral. We spent the day walking around the park scoping out the rides we thought she might go on, talking about what we thought she would be doing and dreaming about what this trip would be like the following year. I can tell you first off.....there's a whole lot more S**T you have to take with a 15 month old!!!! Here's how the rest of it went down......


Ahhhh yes, there's my girl. Taking her morning nap in the car, just as planned. A nice 1 hour, 10 minute nap and she should be good as gold.


But wait, a phone call just came in....gotta get it!! And this I don't get! Neither Clyde nor I are big phone talkers. The only person I ever spend any significant time on the phone with is my sister, and that usually occurs after Sofia has gone to bed so I am completely at a loss as to why this sudden interest in the telephone. Everything goes up to her ear, in this case, it was the shoe phone and she says, very emphatically a Sofia version of "Hello" (at least I think that is what she is saying....can't be too sure on this one).


I've got the map......I know where to go! Follow me everyone, I've got it sussed.


Look Daddy, over there. Can we go on that one, please, please, PLEASE?


Okay, I don't know who these turkeys are because Mum and Dad won't let me watch the telly, but I hear they are pretty big stuff in the toddler set. I guess I'll pose.


Dora, Dora, Dora!


It was a beatiful day today.......80's, sunny and warm. Perfect weather for sunnies and a sunhat.


Waiting in line.....a pro already.


And look at this.......you can't tell this is her very first ride at a theme park, can you? She may have been cool, calm and collected, but Mum and Dad were over the moon at finally having an excuse to ride Dora's Dune Buggies.


This was the theme of the whole day......"Thanks Mum, but I've got it." "Um, put me down Mum, I can walk now......I got it". "Mum, PUT ME DOWN!"


Another ride....the snails this time. Things were getting beyond the extreme factor in toddlerville by this point. It truely is amazing what we will submit ourselves to for our children, isn't it? Given my stomach's weak disposition for anything that goes in circles....yeah, well I'll leave out the gory details.


And ice cream.....you've gotta have ice cream. Sof still has a love / hate kind of thing going with ice cream but she had to keep going back for more just to try and figure out which side was winning.



I think I'll just lie my head down on this bench for a little breather.

Sofia did amazingly well today. She was a good sport given that she didn't get anywhere near her normal naps. She was pleasant and great fun. When we got home she spent a good 20 minutes telling Fugly all about it in bed. As for Clyde and I, as we walked out of the park we were already wondering what it will be like next year.

2 comments:

Clyde and Terri said...

Looks like great fun and what an adventurer Sofia is at such a young age. Go Sofia!!!

Denny said...

Hard act to follow. Hard to tell who had the busiest, funnest day! Wow what a blast!